Monday, August 13, 2007

20/20 memories...

Hey, so I'm sitting here, thinking about the 20/20 investigative pieces. I remember when I was in high school, they were doing a couple of pieces on shady hotels and mattress stores. 20/20 sent forensic scientists to test the surfaces of hotel appliances and mattresses (you know, when they do the cotton swab swipe and shine the blue light on the bed sheets). Later on, 20/20 reported they found a number of bacteria and bodily fluids on the bed sheets, along with telephones and remote controllers. Also, they took samples of mattresses in a few mattress stores, and found out that some were in fact old, used mattresses with new covers! They were covered with all sorts of stains underneath. Man, I remember when I wanted to do investigative reporting and bust such people. But then I realized that those people may retaliate against me (like find out where I live and try to get me), and that wouldn't be good. Maybe if I wore a disguise, I could do the job. That would be interesting, though.

--Eun :)

No comments: