Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Telling Stories...This Is What I Do

Well, I can say that the journalism world is filled with some interesting people. That's actually why I love being a journalist. The people that you meet can tell the most interesting stories. I can sit there all day, talking to a new person. I went to the Home Resource Center today to sit in on a workshop with first time home buyers in the D.C. area. In the workshop sat an 81 year-old man who looked like he had seen it all throughout his years. I could have sat there all day, interviewing him. The stories that he was willing to share were very interesting. I have to always remind myself that I have a deadline for my news story. If it weren't for the old, dreaded deadlines in news, I probably would interview people for hours. However, I take much joy in being able to tell stories for the people. If that's the way I have to get their story out, then I know this job is definitely for me.

Janine K. Cooper

No comments: