Monday, August 13, 2007

Last Minute Blogger

Yes, this is the first of my three requisite bootcamp blogs. And since so many of you are asking, I'll make it about my wedding on Sunday. Holy smokes! I'm getting married on Sunday!!! :)
To be honest, I couldn't be more relaxed about it. Granted our wedding is small (about 70 people) and my mom and fiance are taking care of all the last minute details (how's that for rule-breaking?), but I still think I've learned an important lesson here. One that I will gladly share with all future brides.
...TAKE A VACATION BEFORE THE WEDDING!
I'm not talking about having a wild bachelorette party the night before, and I don't really think bootcamp counts either, but it's true that being out of town, far away from the chaos that is certainly encircling my family/family-to-be, has greatly alleviate my wedding stress.
A week before leaving Eugene, Ore., I felt totally unprepared for bootcamp. I was so nervous that I opened my textbook, which I had purchased online, and read the entire thing. I even did some of the exercises. Not all in one sitting, mind you, but still a rather nerdy thing to do. I had been stressing about the wedding for so long though, I felt like I needed to do something drastic to change my focus. I guess it worked. Being here, exploring D.C. and meeting new people has helped a ton too.
I talk to my mom and my fiance, both, at least once a day. I get all the wedding updates, but I'm never worried! As the days count down, I actually feel myself getting more calm. All will go smoothly this weekend.
As long as I don't miss my flight...
-ariel olson

p.s. My fiance's name is Arya, relevant info. because you may bump into him at the SOC sometime. He's coming in the fall to do the Film and Electronic Media M.F.A. :)

No comments: