Thursday, August 16, 2007

Photo Essays

Lately I’ve been thinking about journalists/citizens/everybody with a camera’s responsibility to take pictures. There are moments and frames that just have to be captured.

Maybe professor Olmsted’s slide show (the one with the cute fuzzy animals) had some impact on me, I don’t know, but it made me think about photo essays.

I consider the black-and-white photo essays very powerful. The pictures, carefully organized, just demand your attention. They are one of the few things that look better printed on paper than posted on a screen.

TIME magazine had one in its latest August issue. I think this one is interesting too:

http://www.efn.org/~hkrieger/mural1.htm


Radina

1 comment:

CaraS said...

Radina

I enjoyed "The Murals of Lane County."

Professor Benedetto