Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Toy lets dogs take a bite out of Vick


http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-now-doubletake07aug07,0,2227048.story

Red Rooom Ent. are selling a chew toy that looks like Michael Vick. The proceeds will go towards the Humane Society.

...This is ridiculous. I am glad that this did not get much coverage. I just saw it was the top story in my hometown newspaper (The Vicks are from Newport News). This is not news. To be honest, I don't care to see a chew toy that looks like Vick on the front page. I laughed outloud when I saw this. However, I am sure tons of people from my city found it interesting otherwise it would not be the top story.

Also read:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-07-30-vick-naacp_N.htm?csp=34 about the NAACP urging restraint in judging Vick. I completely agree. I think its horrible what happened what "they" were doing with those dogs (whoever it was). Whoever did it, should be punished but we live in a democracy and he should be innocent until proven guilty. It happened on his property in va while he was in georgia. True, he should have known what was going on on his own property, however, we should not prejudge or jump to conclusions.

Hey, I'm not saying don't present the evidence in a news story (because people obviously want to hear about Vick), I just don't think the thing about the chew toy should have been front page news. It's funny though, I will give the Daily Press that.


ADINA

1 comment:

CaraS said...

Ah, celebrity journalism. Don't you love it?

Prof. Benedetto