Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dang, this ride!

I've been on a ride.

And I know I am not the only one.

Knotted stomachs, sleepless nights, furrowed brows...

These reactions and more experienced during the past three weeks.

I started this ride in July... Crying in LAX wondering why I would pack my life and move across the country?

(I now think about it, I called my friend in Ohio... in tears because I was actually very nervous because I hate planes... but I wasn't about to ride a bike from Cali... and also because my stomach was really queasy... See, I gulped a whole bottle of pomegranate juice before the security checkpoint... shoot, I didn't wanna throw it out, I paid almost four bucks for that stuff *smile*)

But I got on the plane anyway (I had to use the ticket, I got that mug during a fare sale), and spent a few days visiting my comforting friend in Ohio.

From there, I boarded a train to D.C.

Now, can someone tell me what I was thinking when I decided to do that? My thought was "Oh, I've never taken a train longer than two hours... lemee take a train from Ohio to D.C."
That was a long ride. 15 hours. But I enjoyed it.

Gotta love this life ride. Normally, I'm not this busy in the summer.

I've been traipsing all around town to find a bed, (which is actually
a futon), lodging, waiting for my car that was shipped from cali, hearing bad news from home that friend of the family died... (He was older, but it's still sad... Grief had to wait on this ride. Now I'll have time to reflect and remember the great times.)

Finding a Whole Foods (love that store!)

Visiting churches, renewing my COSTCO membership and buying a bunch of stuff for my place (love that warehouse!), best of all, hanging with a friend who lives in the area. We had a falling out a few years back, but it's great to be back on the friendship track!

I wonder what the rest of this ride has in store?

No comments: