Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blogging Conference, Anyone?

According to an Associated Press article on MSNBC's Web site, there has recently been talk of creating a blogger's labor union, complete with health benefits (see link below).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20136904/

This controversial idea has resulted in a hot debate about blogging, and whether there should be professional standards for bloggers, etc.

Of course, like all new things (including Facebook for all those people who hated it at first but can't seem to get off it, even when in class writing on deadline, hehehe) on the Web, there's been a love-hate reaction to blogs being taken so seriously.

My opinon? I'm shocked. I would'nt be surprised if 10 years from now a blogger's association was created, but now? Blogs are still quite new, and I don't consider many of them to be deserving of any "professional standards."

Hmmmm, but then again, come to think of it...could I qualify for health insurance since I'm writing in this blog? ;)

P.S. Is it me, or is the related AP article about this a little too opinionated?

Keosha J.

No comments: