Thursday, August 16, 2007

Go Blue!

Since I'm having trouble coming up with something thoughtful to write about, I thought I'd take this opportunity to write about something I really like instead: College football. And more specifically, U of Michigan football.

I grew up in Michigan, right on the Mich/Ohio border - it's definitely a heated place to grow up, considering the storied Michigan-Ohio State rivalry. Trust me, it is as intense as you may read or hear about on ESPN.

My parents have had season tickets since before my brother or I were born, and the story goes that they moved the seats back the season my mom was pregnant with me so she didn't have to walk down as many stairs to get to her seat.

Perhaps my favorite part about fall is going to the Big House for a football game on a lovely Michigan autumn afternoon. To see the stadium is simply awe-inspiring - it's HUGE. And always packed.

Now that I'm here in D.C., I'm really going to miss going to at least a game or two every season. And since American doesn't have a football team, I'm going to have to figure out away to feed my college football "addiction" on Saturdays.

If anyone else is as equally interested in football, let me know! Perhaps we can have some tailgating fun on Saturdays - as long as you're not an Ohio State fan!

- Jodi Westrick

No comments: