Tuesday, August 7, 2007

check out this doc

I thought I'd try out what I learned in class today, and while I'm at it, pass on info on a film.

Wings of Defeat is a documentary film featuring Japanese WWII kamikaze pilots and survivors of a U.S. destroyer that was sunk by two kamikaze planes. I get associate producer credit. Woohoo. (did the link work, did the link work? did you get a new window??)

Since I'm really into military and WWII issues, it was extremely exciting working on the film. It opened successfully in Japan on July 21, and hopefully it'll come to the U.S. soon. Thankfully, the media have been paying close attention to the film and related events (luv dem journalists), and I've heard the theaters are packed (how am i doing with the links??).

So, if you have any friends in Japan, please tell them to go see it; it's subtitled in both English and Japanese. And when it comes to the U.S., please go see it!

fumiko hattori

1 comment:

CaraS said...

Fumiko

Very fascinating. I will be looking forward to seeing it.

Professor Benedetto