Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bootcamp

Now that it's over, I wonder what I will do with myself for the next week. I remember being petrified the first day of boot camp, especially after the class introductions. I kept wondering if I could do this, and if it was worth it? I was so scared of the deadline reporting we had to do, and I felt my writing was elementary. I was so ready for failure that at times I wondered why I even bothered. Yet now, three weeks later, I am happy to say I survived boot camp, and learned a whole lot in the process. I got to interview random people off the street, that was hard for me, it still is, but I am coming out of my shell. I got to meet my congressman from North Carolina. I met people who are affected by the anti-illegal immigrant laws and got to see first hand how hard it is for them. I learned a lot about myself in the process, and I am looking forward to leaning so much more.
Good luck to everyone, have fun during your time off and get some rest. I am looking forward to seeing everyone next Friday and possibly everyday for the next year or so.

Uzo Nnabuihe

No comments: